Mi Bodeguita del Medio

While my blog is named after a restaurant in Havana I hope to someday visit, here you will find musings, rants, political incorrectness, thoughts on Indian Nationalism, strong straight-forward opinions and tid-bits.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Ibiza and Formentera

This past weekend I visited the Baleares. I thought that the much heard of island Ibiza would be the highlight of the trip. But as it turned out, I ended up having a wonderful time in Formentera, a relatively untouched island close to Ibiza.

My friend and I hired a scooter and explored the island on it. Would have been better to rent a car actually, since at night, in my mini-clothes, I was pretty chilly on those scooter rides.

A couple of do's and don'ts while in Ibiza:
- Do stay in Santa Eulalia if you want a relatively peaceful time, lovely beaches and lots of restaurant and bar options.
- Don't stay in San Antoni unless you don't plan on sleeping while on the Island, and if you want to be in the middle rowdy teenage British party-express crowd.
- Don't miss the sunset from Café del Mar in Sant Antoni.
- Do try to visit Formentera while in Ibiza. The access is only through a Ferry called Balnearia which takes you there. You can take your rented cars/scooters with you to Formentera on the ferry which is nice.
- Don't forget to go to a bar/restaurant called "Tiburón" when you're in Formentera.


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic. It will be great to know about your Balearic Island experiences. I am very impressed to learn more about your travel experiences. Being a passionate island lover, I always have a soft corner for people who love the ocean and lonely rocks.

    Love to learn more about your exploits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. It will be great to know about your Balearic Island experiences. I am very impressed to learn more about your travel experiences. Being a passionate island lover, I always have a soft corner for people who love the ocean and lonely rocks.

    Love to learn more about your exploits.

    ReplyDelete