Mi Bodeguita del Medio

While my blog is named after a restaurant in Havana I hope to someday visit, here you will find musings, rants, political incorrectness, thoughts on Indian Nationalism, and some straight-forward opinions.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Welcome 2009!

Last month, a flood of memories came back as I went to Atlanta for my cousin's wedding. It was so lovely to catch up with that side of my family. Shoutout to S, a beautiful, intelligent, courageous young woman, as she embarks on a new life. 

I got to spend a good bit of time with my other family too, my UGA Family. One day we even drove to Athens for old times' sake and visited our campus buildings, strolled all over, took pictures everywhere, especially at the GA Arch and Sanford Stadium (many a tickets had been scalped there lol). We visited all the North Campus buildings, the business school, the Tate student center, the library I used to work at... We lay in the grass like we used to, watching the squirrels. We ate at our fave place The Grit. Such a flood of memories. I do believe that through my years in college, I may or may not recall much of what I learned in the classroom, but for sure I made myself a family out there. I miss you guys already N, N, A, D, A, C :(

As we go into 2009 in a crisis, economic recession in many countries, higher cost of living, an upturned state of events in the world, lets not forget to be grateful for everything and everyone we have in our lives, near and far, and for everything good that is yet to come. 

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment