Mi Bodeguita del Medio

While my blog is named after a restaurant in Havana I hope to someday visit, here you will find musings, rants, political incorrectness, thoughts on Indian Nationalism, and some straight-forward opinions.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Reset ---- the life button!

I've slowly been settling into my new home, and done with first week at work. Its been "getting used to the real world" time for me - cooking own food, washing clothes and dishes, packing "taper", buying groceries, cleaning, ironing... Its almost as though upon snapping my fingers I've come out of my ultra comfortable "bubble-life" in Oman.... into the real world.

Weekdays are long and intense, currently with 45 working hours weekly, which thankfully turns into 35 hours from April to June and 30 hours from July to September. The days are growing longer and the cold weather is smoothing out. The pace is quick. Barcelona is buzzing with life; I'm glad to be part of it. Soon it will be time for spring festivals and live concerts... I still have a hundred things to get done, but within a month I should be settled in, and then those that have been talking about visiting - you can start letting your faces be seen!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nam!! you are very lucky about working time, that's great!Last weekend was a 3 days weekend, so we went to Dubai and we went out to shocho club, it was really coooool...i remembered the first time you took us there, thanks for showing us such a good place, hahaha
    Enjoy Barcelona's life and take care!bye bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eiiii! ¿Qué tal Xabi!?
    Me resulta raro escribirte en inglés....cuando vuelves a España? Disfruta los últimos días en Omán.... ya me contarás!
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete