Mi Bodeguita del Medio

While my blog is named after a restaurant in Havana I hope to someday visit, here you will find musings, rants, political incorrectness, thoughts on Indian Nationalism, strong straight-forward opinions and tid-bits.

Monday, April 9, 2007

Why I love Barcelona


Those who know me know that I am a strong supporter of animals' rights. One of the great things about Barcelona is that there are lots of other people who think like me, and are are not afraid to vocalise their beliefs. To this effect, the streets of Barcelona recently witnessed an AnimaNaturalis (animal rights group) campaign called "Día Sin Carne" or day without meat.

Above: activists simulating a tray of human meat; just like the kind that is available in supermarkets, except of animals. A strong, gory and graphic reflection of reality, and most would say "Yuck, disgusting!" but I absoluely love it.

Meanwhile, here are 101 reasons to go veg.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nam, you're right, this issue is important. I had no idea the implications were so devastating: thanks for posting the link.
    I'm looking forwards to trying out some more vegetarian experiments in the kitchen and you are of course invited!
    :)

    ReplyDelete